[ceevol] LERN/CEE Medawar Memorial Lecture, Weds 7 Dec at 6pm - Matt Ridley: "Genes, Culture and Collective Intelligence"

  • From: "Dempster, Jane" <j.dempster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ceevol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ceevol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:06:47 +0000

For All CEE & LERN members

We're pleased to announce that Matt Ridley, author of The Rational
Optimist<http://www.rationaloptimist.com>, will be giving this year's Medawar
memorial lecture, titled: "Genes, Culture and Collective Intelligence"

The talk will take place on Wednesday 7th December at 6pm in the Gustave Tuck
Lecture Theatre, UCL, WC1E
6BT<http://crf.casa.ucl.ac.uk/screenRoute.aspx?s=386&d=186&w=False>.

A flyer for the event can be downloaded from our
website<http://londonevolutionarynetwork.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/medawar-lecture-matt-ridley-poster.pdf>.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Regards,

--
The LERN Committee
London Evolutionary Research Network (LERN)

http://twitter.com/londonevolution
http://facebook.com/londonevolution
http://vimeo.com/londonevolution

Jane M Dempster
Executive Officer to Professor Andrew Pomiankowski, Head of Research Department
of Genetics, Evolution and Environment, and to
Professor Gabriel Waksman, Head of Research Department of Structural and
Molecular Biology
& CEE Administrator
Darwin Building (Room 111),  Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT
Tel: 020 7679 2246 (internal xt 32246)
Fax:  020 7679 7193
E-mail: j.dempster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:j.dempster@xxxxxxxxx>
Departmental websites: