[ceevol] FW: Julian Huxley Lecture - Wednesday, 4th February at 1pm

  • From: CEE.Secretary <cee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ceevol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ceevol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 16:48:00 +0000

Dear all,

Please find below details of the CEE Event taking place Weds, 4th Feb, at UCL.

Julian Huxley Lecture
Conserving species in tropical agricultural landscapes

Speaker:              Jane
Hill<http://www.york.ac.uk/biology/research/ecology-evolution/kane-k-hill/>
(Uni of York)
Date & time:      Wednesday, 4th February 1:00pm
Venue:                 Darwin
LT<http://crf.casa.ucl.ac.uk/screenRoute.aspx?s=1178&d=67&w=False> , University
College London (note access to the Darwin Lecture Theatre is via Malet Street
- it is not possible to enter from Gower Street)
Host:                     Jon Bielby, IoZ (please email
jon.bielby@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:jon.bielby@xxxxxxxxx> if you would like to meet the
speaker)

Abstract: Tropical rainforests support a vast number of species but are under
threat from many human-caused factors. I will review our work on Borneo
examining impacts of oil palm cultivation and commercial selective logging, and
discuss whether more sustainable landscapes can be developed that allow species
to adapt to the combined effects of land-use and climate change.