[cedar] p2p nouveau soft

  • From: jerome joy <joy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cedar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:42:38 -0800

Open Source
The code that makes this program is free! Anyone who wants to is free to
modify my program and make their own versions. The advantage of open-source
is that people can also find problems in the code and fix it themselves
without waiting for me to fix it for them. This gives you, the user,
confidence that gnucleus will never become 'out of date', even if I am no
longer able to work on this project someone can always come out with new

Simple and Powerful
Keep it simple, stupid. Gnucleus is created with the mind set that first
time users should be able to open the program and get files immediately. To
achive this kind of usablility I did not dumb down the program in any way.
Advanced features are still fully accessible to the user, but they will
only be found and understood by advanced users. Over time as a users become
experienced and appreciates the kind of power that they have over the

Multiple Windows
One of the most distinguishing features of Gnucleus is that it is not just
one big dialog with tabs seperating different parts of the program.
Gnucleus has sub-windows inside itself so that users can observe different
aspects of the program simultaneously. Such as watching downloads progress
while chatting with a friend, or performing an unlimited number of searches
at the same time.

Not Evil
Unlike many file sharing systems, Gnucleus is not run by a company. This
project has been active for over a year and no one has made a dime of it.
We do not want your money, we want your support in development and making
this program something great. Few windows programs are open-source, this is
one of the few, because of that it is impossible for us to ever charge you
for this program or future versions. I make this program out of my need for
a honest file sharing system.