[CEC-Members-2011] Teach for Australia

  • From: Daniel Sargent <daniel.sargent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cec_members_2011@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cec_members_2011@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 02:07:20 +0000

Dear CEC members,
Are you interested in using your degree for community engagement, community
building, education and leadership?

Teach For Australia is an innovative social enterprise working to confront
educational disadvantage in Australia. We do this by transforming outstanding
graduates into exceptional teachers and inspirational leaders.

Our Associates - who we actively recruit from ALL degree backgrounds and career
interests - partake in a unique leadership experience, part of which involves
teaching in Australia's most educationally disadvantaged secondary schools
where their energy and passion helps to positively impact student achievement
and aspiration.

Along the way, their innovative Leadership Development Program prepares
Associates for leadership roles within education, business, government and
social enterprise. Through this transformational experience, they become
committed and empowered to creating the types of systemic change that will one
day see an Australia where all children have excellent education opportunities.

If you are the type of graduate who wants to be part of a paid graduate program
that matters? Then this is the experience for you!

A Teach for Australia representative will be at Curtin on Wednesday from 12:00
- 14:00 in room 201.412:LT.  Come along for more information!!  The Facebook
link is http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=258093347548679

Alternatively, you can email Daniel at
Daniel.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Daniel.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 or apply online at
www.teachforaustralia.org/apply<http://www.teachforaustralia.org/apply>.

Applications Close August 28 - so get in there!!

Regards,

Daniel Mitchell
WA Talent and Attraction Manager

Teach For Australia