[cdvdburn] Suggested minor improvement

  • From: John Williams <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:57:30 +0000 (GMT)

Having at last started burning my own data DVDs, it occurs to me that, if
the 'Information about current layout' window had a Refresh button
(performing the same function as 'Show layout information' in the 'Layout
Data CD/DVD' window) and the entries were greyed out when items were
subsequently added to the ISO: filer window, it would not be necessary to
have the 'Layout Data CD/DVD' window open whilst building an image of a
suitable size to write to DVD.

It could be re-opened on satisfactory completion of the build to write the
ISO image, or this could be done from the filer menu.

A bonus would be to have the media capacity displayed (if available) in
that same 'Information about current layout' window to compare the
available total with the current total (perhaps even going red if too
great?). The size could be re-read on each refresh.

This could make the building of appropriate image path/size data much more
transparent IMHO.

It wasn't important for CDs, because it was easy enough to build the source
for the image in a separate directory and 'Count' its size, but with the
extra time necessary for paths on the larger DVD media, it would really
help!

John

--
         Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/