[cdvdburn] Re: Philips DVD rewriter

  • From: Mark Syder <marksyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 14:20:17 GMT

In message <4dd4085f29lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> In article <4cce01d44d.ms001e3433@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Mark Syder <marksyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > As no one could give me a definitive answer, I bottled out and took it
> > back and asked for a refund. I bought a Lite-On from PC World - not the
> > recommended model (in fact it doesn't have a model number)
>
> Surely it identifies itself in the CDVDBurn configuration window?

Well spotted - 1635S.

> > but it works and I'm happy with it.
>
> Mine <4dcce026b2lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> won't blank DVD+RWs.

I haven't tried that yet - I've created two DVDs but not yet got round to
blanking.

> > It hurts to buy from PC World, but I didn't want to pay Castle's price
> > for a DVD rewriter.
>
> What is Castle's price?

£69 - it was £44.99 from PC World. I want to support the RISC OS market but not
if it means paying one and a half times the price.

--
Mark Syder (like the drink but spelt different)

www.onlinegenie.net