[cdvdburn] Re: Philips DVD rewriter

  • From: Mark Syder <marksyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 14:01:39 GMT

In message <8d8dcdcf4d.ms001e3433@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I ordered CDVDBurn from Steffen and the recommended DVD rewriter from Amazon
> only to receive an email from Amazon to say that the DVD rewriter was out of
> stock and would not be coming back into stock.
>
> I went out and bought a Philips DVD rewriter, believing I would have no
> problems - just because the Lite-On is recommended doesn't mean CDVDBurn
> won't work with a different writer. But on reading the accompanying notes I
> see that there is no guarantee that CDVDBurn will work with a different
> writer.

As no one could give me a definitive answer, I bottled out and took it back and
asked for a refund. I bought a Lite-On from PC World - not the recommended
model (in fact it doesn't have a model number) but it works and I'm happy with
it. It hurts to buy from PC World, but I didn't want to pay Castle's price for
a DVD rewriter.
--
Mark Syder (like the drink but spelt different)

www.onlinegenie.net