[cdvdburn] Re: Pandaboard

  • From: Steffen Huber <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:55:07 +0100 (CET)

> "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Advice please - can I use CDVDBurn on my PandRO?

There is a beta (some say: alpha) test version (2.09) available that is known
to work on the "new hardware" like BeagleBoard/BIK/ARMini,
PandaBoard/PIK/ARMiniX
and the RaspberryPi. However, it depends on the version of RISC OS (USB
is currently a fast moving target) and your drive and your ATA/S-ATA-USB bridge
if it works.

Ironically, what usually works best is writing DVD-RAM and BD-R/BD-RE, the
least common media in the world.

The plan was to release a major update and fix all the loose ends. But
it turned out to be a herculean effort - fighting RISC OS USB, drive
differences, media incompatibility (DVD-R still not working), and
instability of the compiler all at once. So all I have is a version with
a "use with care and report problems" sticker.

> I've upgraded to version 2.02b and have removed my old 'settings' file,
> but when I load it the computer hangs with the following message:
>
>   'Initialising... Scanning for IYONIX IDE device 0'
>
> References to an Iyonix computer appear to be hard-wired inside its
> !RunImage file, suggesting that it's never going to work on a
> Pandaboard.

You can change the last few lines of your "settings" file to disable
drive scanning for everything but SCSI.

But IIRC, 2.02 will not work properly anyway, because of strange things
happening with the compiler output not compatible with ARMv7.

Steffen

--
Steffen Huber           LambdaComm System - Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx