[cdvdburn] New V2.02b available with DVD-RAM support

  • From: Steffen Huber <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 01:54:25 +0100

Hi,

I have just uploaded the latest beta version of CDVDBurn - V2.02b. This
fixes the serious multisession bug as well as providing the DVD-RAM
support. From the Changes file:

  - fixed bug introduced in CDVDBurn which prevented writing a second
    session - the medium was identified as an unwritable CD-ROM!
  - added DVD-RAM writing
  - added DVD-RAM formatting - not tested properly on unformatted medium,
    because I never encountered one!
  - added information about DVD+RW/-RAM formatting state to medium
    information

I am especially interested to hear whether someone finds an unformatted
DVD-RAM medium, and if CDVDBurn behaves correctly in this case. You can
check with the medium information dialogue if your medium is formatted
or unformatted.

The one serious problem reported for older versions (DVD+R writing not
working on first try) is still not fixed, although I think I now
understand what happens.

All other things should run unchanged, so if you find any old or new
bugs, please report...

To download the beta, go to
http://www.hubersn-software.com/upgrading.html
and follow the instructions - keep your CDVDBurn disc/distribution
archive handy for the login and password.

Have fun,
Steffen Huber, hubersn Software

--
Steffen Huber           LambdaComm System - Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx