[cdvdburn] Re: New DVD writer? plus another topic.

  • From: Barrie McElroy <barrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 22:55:25 +1030

Jim Lesurf wrote:
A few days ago I had to send a large amount of data to someone. Given the
amount I decided to use one DVDROM instead of three CDROMs.

However I ran into the same problem I've had on previous occasions.

There seems to be no problem making up an isoimage. And I can write onto
some DVD+RW discs I bought ages ago. But attempts to write to two different
brands of DVD+R failed. In one case the process seemed to go very swiftly,
and the disc seemed to be finished, but did not eject. In the other, the
process seemed longer, but ended with the drive continuing to rotate the
disc at high speed. I left this for a long time, then had to do a hard
reset.

I have often had similar (not necessarily exactly the same) problems. My drive is the same.

What usually works for me is to create the iso image and then write that to disc separately.

Frustrating and wasteful of discs.

Barrie

<snip>
Cheers,