[cdvdburn] Re: Help required to get started with DVD RAM

  • From: John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:18:20 +0100

On 01 May, John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get DVD RAM writing/reading to work, please?
[Snip]

Just to continue this thread, I recently tried to back up my c. 3.5Gb of
JPEGS to the RAM disc. I don't know whether I have configured
!CDVDBurn v.2.02b incorrectly in some way, but when I set it off to compile
an ISO image and went off to do something useful, on my return I found two
ISO images had been created. The first was 2,147,483,647 bytes, the second
some 1.4Gb

I burned the first file to a RAM disc and all the files were accessible OK.

I subsequently burned the second file to the disc and now cannot access it
from the filing system. It just reports "CDFS does not support that type of
disc".

The Medium information page in Tools reports it as being
writable,
deletable,
Free capacity 4368MB,
Recorded capacity 0 MB / 00:00,
Tracks 0
Sessions 0
next writable block 0

Is one supposed to be able to write an ISO image greater than 2Gb?
Can a second one be written onto the RAM disc?
How do I use the capacity of the RAM disc?
What have I done wrong?

Any help or advice welcome.

John

--