[cdvdburn] Happy new year!

  • From: Steffen Huber <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 16:13:50 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

so the year 2012 is almost over, and nothing much happened on the
CDVDBurn front. Sorry for that.

I have high hopes that 2013 will be different. Really.

The problem is: all I have done in recent years is not really fit for release.
The Blu-Ray support. The USB support. The CD/DVD Extractor feature.
Compatibility
with recent drives (especially DVD is a problem - CD and Blu-Ray usually works).

The possible exception is ARMv6/ARMv7 compatibility, but this is worthless
without working USB support.

So anyone interested in buying an upgrade to get some half-baked solution
for their Beagle/Panda/Raspberry?

I also started a project called "Isofier" which is a Java app that can create
a true RISC OS CD (i.e. all filetypes intact) from a PC filing system, e.g.
from a HostFS directory written to by RPCEmu or Virtual-RPC. Of course it can
also create plain old ISO/Joliet images if you want. It is already usable from
the command line but lacks a good GUI. Anyone interested in that?

What I do have finished is a Java app that transforms a CDVDBurn-style
image directory into a
PC-and-every-os-that-supports-more-than-2GB-per-file-style
image file. Anyone interested in that?

Whatever you think, I wish you all a happy new year, and keep the faith.

Steffen

--
Steffen Huber           LambdaComm System - Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx