[cdvdburn] Re: DVD-RAM support and more

  • From: Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 20:24:02 GMT

In message <012841ba4e.steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steffen Huber <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yesterday I finally managed to successfully prototype DVD-RAM writing.
> This will be integrated into CDVDBurn in due course and made available
> in a public beta version.

Excellent news, thank you, Steffen.  That's the best RISC OS news
I've heard in a long time.

> Obviously you'll need a drive that is DVD-RAM
> capable in the first place, which somehow limits the usefulness of this
> new feature for many existing customers...

I have an LG GSA-4163, which is DVD-RAM compatible.  I also have
access to Panasonic and Sony drives for short periods of testing.

The company I work for has used DVD-RAM as a storage medium in its
products for some years now, so I'm well aware of DVD-RAM's virtues.
I look forward to trying your implementation.

I volunteer to be a beta tester.

Will this be in RISC OS's native formats?

Dave