[cdvdburn] Re: DVD-RAM support and more

  • From: "lists (ww)" <lists@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:27:43 +1300

On 26 Nov, lists@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 25 Feb, Steffen Huber <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > yesterday I finally managed to successfully prototype DVD-RAM
> > writing. This will be integrated into CDVDBurn in due course and
> > made available in a public beta version. Obviously you'll need a
> > drive that is DVD-RAM capable in the first place, which somehow
> > limits the usefulness of this new feature for many existing
> > customers...
> > Tests were done with one of the newer Lite-On devices (SHM-165H6S).
> > Reading from DVD-RAM works fine on my IYONIX with the standard CDFS
> > driver, more compatibility tests will follow.
> I need a DVD-RAM capable driver right now. Probably your
> recommendation Lite-On SHM-165H6S. But is there a selection of
> devices for DVD-RAM?  Do of them any take the DVD-RAM cartridge
> media?

I now have CDVDBurn upgrade which is DVD-RAM-capable.

I'm having trouble getting the recommended drive, the Lite-On
SHM-165H6S drive. Many suppliers here say it's out of stock, that
it's an earlier (16x) model, suggesting I buy others that are 20x (and
are also cheaper).

Does anyone here have any experience using CDVDBurn with any of these:

  LiteOn LH-20A3P 19C 20x $NZ41+gst (about GBP15)
  <www.pcpacific.net/product_info.php?products_id=4185>
  <www.xpcomputers.co.nz/views.asp?hw_id=2744> $49 (GBP18)

  LiteOn LH-20A1H 20x DVD writer $NZ45+gst (GBP17)
  <www.einfo.co.nz/shop/product_info.php?pName=liteon-lh20a1h-20x-dual-layer>

  Lite-On 20X DVD-RW, Dual Layer, [LH-20A1P] - $NZ75.00 (GBP28)
  <www.digizone.co.nz/index.php?products_id=227>

  Asustek 1814BL  $NZ55+gst (GBP20)
  <www.pcpacific.net/product_info.php?products_id=4152>

Finally, I found two suppliers of the LiteOn 165H6S:

  Lite-On SHM-165H6S (Black) $111+gst (GBP40.50)
  <www.aclasscomputers.co.nz/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=603>

  Lite-On Black 16X Dual DVD-RAM 165P6SX EXTERNAL $112+gst (GBP41)
  <www.computerstore.co.nz/store/web/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=234&idproduct=4495>

Brian

--
Auckland NEW ZEALAND