[cdrtool-users] Re: To get rating working with SER or openSER

  • From: "kjcsb" <kjcsb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cdrtool-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:13:19 +1200

Which versions of Apache/php and mysql did you use?

On my test machine: httpd-2.0.54-10.3 php-5.0.4-10.5 mysql 5.0.18

What is your general impression of cdrtool, compared to the other billing systems around?

I wouldn't call it a billing system. As a rating system I have nothing to compare it to but there are a number of features that it lacks:
- multi-tenant: there are many cases where you can't have different rules for different customers. For example there is only one default country code. You can't have a 60 second flagfall for one customer and a 5 minute flagfall for another, for example.
- customer groups: there's no ability to group rating information. For example you might have three customers on one billing basis (e.g. $0.02 per minute to U.K) and four on another (e.g. $0.01 per minute to U.K.). You can only store rates at gateway, domain or individual level. The assumption seems to be that these groups of customers would be different domains but that isn't necessarily the case.

I went with it because the others I looked at didn't seem to do both SER and Asterisk easily and for me that was a requirement.

When I say it doesn't do something it means I haven't found a way to do it. I don't claim to give a definitive answer.

Cameron