[ccoss] Proposed official meeting announcement

  • From: Christopher Paulin <cpaulin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ccoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:43:02 -0500

Please read this official December meeting announcement body over to see
how you like the content and if you find any mistakes. It takes me a
long time (an hour and half) to write these because I read and edit it
many, many, many times.

--Chris

-------------------------snip-------------------------

The Central Connecticut Open Systems Society (CCOSS) is planning to have
its next meeting at the Welles-Turner Memorial Library, 2407 Main
Street, Glastonbury on Monday, December 8, 2003, 7 PM - 9 PM, the
library closing time, or if we finish beforehand.

This meeting will be a show and tell night where you can give a short
presentation or talk, e.g., 5 - 15 minutes, about any Linux/open-source
topic, e.g., relevant news, technical how-to's, a favorite relevant Web
site, etc. We encourage everyone to talk or at least give the group a
goal that you have regarding Linux/open-source software, so we'll make
sure we give everyone time to talk. Bill Rivet and I are planning on
giving prepared presentations. Available equipment will be a computer
overhead projector and my computer (or your own computer) connected to
the overhead projector by the video port, an Internet connection
(probably by Ethernet), a transparency overhead projector (with your own
transparencies), and a white board on a stand large enough to be visible
to the audience with markers and something to erase with. (I'm going to
get training on Dec. 2 about how to set up the Internet connection.)

Also after meeting, I'd like to discuss the frequency of future
meetings, e.g., every quarter year. The Welles-Turner Memorial Library
Friend's Room is available four times per calendar year (January to
December). In the past couple months, we've used half our reservations
for 2003.

CCOSS has its own mailing list. Start here first:
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=3594. Besides using that
page to unsubscribe or subscribe, you can send email to
ccoss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' or 'subscribe' in the
subject. You will receive an email confirmation to which you have to
reply. To post to the list once subscribed, send email to
ccoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx There are no advertisements in the postings.

The program will be held in the Friend's Room, which is just inside on
the left when you come in from the back parking lot. The program is free
and open to the public. Directions can be found at
"http://www.wtmlib.com/gi2.htm#directions";. We are looking forward to
seeing you there.

CCOSS is a group of computer enthusiasts who are dedicated to learning
and discussing open-source operating systems and software. Our Web site
is www.ccoss.org.