[ccoss] Re: Ideas for meetings

  • From: dave <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ccoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:13:05 -0500

i know next to nothing (ok, nothing) about #1, so i'll just skip right
over that one.

As far as #2, if you have another laptop and aren't shy about swapping
hard drives from one to another, you could install Linux onto a latop
with a cdrom (or even a desktop with a mini-ide adaptor, i have one),
then move the hard drive back to the laptop without the hard drive. Once
booted on the target laptop, you'd then need to shuffle some modules if
you don't have hardware recognition, maybe not if you do. I've done some
of this with some spare machine and it usually works pretty well.

As far as a bonafide HD install, I've not done that, sorry.

dave