[ccoss] Re: Glastonbury library Internet connection question

  • From: dave <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ccoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:38:44 -0500

ummm, they may be forcing the use of proxy servers, rather than allowing
unrestricted http access. Chris, will we have access to one of those
laptops so that we can check the browser settings?

there is another workaround, assuming we can ftp anywhere. (obviously,
normal http access would be ideal.) I could set my firewall here at home
to forward port 21 (normally ftp) to a machine running vnc (port 5900).
  then we'd have unrestricted access to the internet from the vnc
machine.  the only "problem" being the slower screen refreshes commonly
seen in vnc (the screen painting effect).

dave