[cccameraclub] Re: world wide photo walk july 24

  • From: Billie Hara <billiehara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:28:50 -0500

Hi, everyone,

I sent this email message yesterday, but I never saw it hit the list and no
one replied.  I'm not sure if there's no interest or if you didn't get the
message.  I'm sending it again.  (Please forgive the redundancy.)

Dear Carlos and the rest of the Corpus Christi Camera Club,

For the last year my friend, colleague, and photographer, Bill Wolff, and I
have run a photoblog, Composing with Images. We've recently decided to
experiment with expanding the photoblog into a photo book press, Composing
with Images Press, which takes advantage of the Blurb book creating software
and publishing system.

Our first book is going to benefit the relief efforts taking place along the
Gulf Coast in response to the BP oil spill, and we have just released the
Call for Entries: http://j.mp/asusyv.

We have selected LA Gulf Response as one of two organizations where we'd
like to donate proceeds of submissions of photos and sales of the book. We
are wondering if you wouldn't mind advertising the Call for Entries in some
way (your web site, email list, and so on). While we have posted it to our
web site, tweeted it, and created a Facebook group, I'm certain that you
have a much larger audience that would be interested in helping your cause
in a new way.

Because the need is so urgent, submissions are due July 5.

Thanks for considering this request.  I look forward to seeing you all next
month (when my teaching schedule lessens).

--Billie

Billie Hara, Ph.D.
Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive