[cccameraclub] Re: some suggestions for the money made at the convention

  • From: Evelyn Kerr <evelynkerr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Camera Club <cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:18:28 +0000

I agree about the computer and a projector. We could also have a "show and
tell" from guests and members with a powerpoint type show as part of meeting
entertainment.  I have no more room in closets for any more prints.  Also the
expense of having something printed up can be eliminated. Granted a printed
piece and its presentation is a good part of photography but for those who
don't have access to a great printer are at a disadvantage.

I should be back from Ilinois for the Aug meeting.  Will it be held at Nolan's?

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:22:39 -0700
From: lutherbrowning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cccameraclub] Re: some suggestions for the money made at the
convention
To: cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ed,

  I agree we should use some of the money to improve the club. Some of the
money needs to be reserved for a minimum balance for those periods when income
lags expenses. Whatever we choose should benefit all of the members not some
select few. I think the computer and portable monitor is good so we can have a
projected class of photos. If this becomes popular several sub classes can be
created. Some examples would duplicate the print competition, B&W, Pictorial,
Manipulated, etc. I think this form of presentation will increase participation
as the club members will not have the expense of producing prints, and having
to store all of those prints. In the Computer Users Group club they show their
work without competition but with input from the others present as to quality
and suggestions for improvement. While I like competition many in the club may
like this form of presentation in addition to the monthly competition. Often
new members may feel overwhelmed by competing with more experienced
photographers, this form of presentation will provide a learning opportunity
without the pressure of competition.
  We have a laptop and 19" LCD TV we can try out for size.
Bill