[cccameraclub] Re: some suggestions for the money made at the convention

  • From: LUTHER BROWNING <lutherbrowning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:22:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ed,

  I agree we should use some of the money to improve the club. Some of the
money
needs to be reserved for a minimum balance for those periods when income lags
expenses. Whatever we choose should benefit all of the members not some select
few. I think the computer and portable monitor is good so we can have a
projected class of photos. If this becomes popular several sub classes can be
created. Some examples would duplicate the print competition, B&W, Pictorial,
Manipulated, etc. I think this form of presentation will increase participation
as the club members will not have the expense of producing prints, and having
store all of those prints. In the Computer Users Group club they show their
work
without competition but with input from the others present as to quality and
suggestions for improvement. While I like competition many in the club may like
this form of presentation in addition to the monthly competition. Often new
members may feel overwhelmed by competing with more experienced photographers,
this form of presentation will provide a learning opportunity without the
pressure of competition.
  We have a laptop and 19" LCD TV we can try out for size.
Bill