[cccameraclub] Problems with the mailing list - should be cleared up

  • From: Terry Ross <terry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 21:20:32 -0500

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure exactly why, but certain flags were reset for the mailing list. The net effect of the flag changes meant that people were allowed to send messages to the mailing list and that they received a confirmation copy of their message which made it look like it had actually been sent to the ML. In truth, however, the messages were being placed into a moderation queue and the administrators were not being advised, so we neither saw the messages, nor the requests to be removed from the list.

I can understand how frustrating this might have been. Hopefully, it's cleared up now (and I will make periodic checks to ensure that someone hasn't done something that accidentally resets the flags).

Anyway --- you might want to use this thread to see if your posts are getting through, or as a standard point for asking to be taken off the list if you so desire (you can post your own threads on both too, of course - this just keeps them all in one thread for easy access).

Terry
=====Corpus Christ Camera Club mailing list. Admin: terry@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Visit our website: http://corpuschristicameraclub.com/
Visit our Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/cccctx/