[cccameraclub] Re: Awful Trip...........Doris Wilson

  • From: CARLOS Valdez <1taboo2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 05:59:14 -0800 (PST)

????

From: Terry Ross <terry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:48 AM
Subject: [cccameraclub] Re: Awful Trip...........Doris Wilson

Quoting DW <tottiedm@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello,
>
>   This message may be coming to you as a surprise but I need your help.Few
> days back we made an unannounced vacation trip to London,Uk.Everything was
> going fine until last night when we were mugged on our way back to the
> hotel.They Stole all our cash,credit cards and cellphone but thank God we
> still have our lives and passport.Another shocking is that the hotel manager
> has been unhelpful to us for reasons i don't know. I'm writing you from a
> local library cybercafe..I've reported to the police and after writing down
> some statements that's the last i had from them.i contacted the consulate and
> all i keep hearing is they will get back to me. i need your help..i need you
> to help me out with a loan to settle my bills here so we can get back home,
> our return flight leaves soon. I'll refund the money as soon as i get back.
> All i need is $1,750 ..Let me know if you can get me the money then I tell
> you how to get it to me.
>
> I'm freaked out at the moment!!
>
> Doris Wilson

I'm sure that most of you are aware of it already, but this is a scam.  Any
messages you get of this nature, check first.  Contact the individual via
another means and let them know what is going on.

Terry Ross
=====Corpus Christ Camera Club mailing list. Admin: terry@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Visit our website: http://corpuschristicameraclub.com/
Visit our Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/cccctx/