[ccc-virusalert] E-book coming soon

  • From: Jarrod Wilkes <jarrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ccc-virusalert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:48:19 -0500

Work on my mini E-book is almost complete. Not much news in the computer
security world, so I put an exerpt from the book on my website.
http://www.creativecomputerconsultingllc.com/guidevs.htm
I would love feedback not only on the technical aspects, but the
easiness for the lay-person to understand, as well as critiques on the
format and wording.

Once completed, a copy will be avaliable for free download from my site
in mutilple formats.

I read an interesting article about Richard Clarke, the former
cyber-terrorism czar for the gov, blasting Microsoft's practices, and
calling for a sharing of QA practices amongst companies to build a model
for developing secure software. The only thing I disagree with him on is
the government regulation of  such a practice. Especially after I read
an article earlier today giving most government agencies a D+ on security.

The Clarke article:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/212437_rsaclarke17.html

The government D+ rating article:
http://www.securityfocus.com/news/10511