[ccalac_ecw_users] question about visit summaries

  • From: "Kathryn Carr White" <kwhite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ccalac_ecw_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:06:22 -0700

I'm so glad we have this group forming!

We don't have a firm date for getting version 10 as far as I know,
although we have been asking for several weeks now and a few people have
explored the test environment for version 10 (myself not included).

We have an issue in which-in order to get credit for meaningful use, we
need to print out the visit summaries for our patients, but the current
format of the visit summary does not allow for any information on when
the patient should follow up unless they have an actual appointment
date-because we basically operate on an open access system, we don't
give advance appointments more than 2 weeks in advance-so the printed
visit summary doesn't include information about follow up for our
patients.

Have any other clinics experienced this problem? How do you navigate
this? We really want our patients to know when to follow up with us
without printing out ANOTHER piece of paper from eCW besides the
required visit summary.

Katy White

Kathryn White, MD

Chief Medical Officer

Los Angeles Christian Health Centers

email: kwhite@xxxxxxxxx

Admin office/ Joshua House site:  311 Winston St, Los Angeles, CA 90013

(213)225-2669; fax (213)229-9061

Physican, Pico Aliso site:  1625 E 4th Street,  Los Angeles, CA  90033

Tel (323)268-8391; Fax (858)633-4702

"God has shown you, O people, What is good and what the Lord requires of
you:

But to do justice, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."
(Micah 6:8)