[ccalac_ecw_users] 2 questions

  • From: "Kathryn Carr White" <kwhite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ccalac_ecw_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 22:05:13 -0700

I'm sorry if these questions are dumb or overly simple, but here goes:

FIRST--- I'm reviewing the areas we didn't do well on in our PCMH
survey/ results-one area was tracking of lab tests and imaging test
results "until results available".

With our lab interface, our lab results go directly to the provider, who
reviews them...but what methods to other clinics have of :

a)tracking labs that were ordered but might never be resulted?

b)tracking imaging results-currently we can't receive results directly,
electronically-they are faxed over and scanned in to the patient file,
so no great way to electronically track imaging tests before results are
scanned in. does anyone else have a better flow/ process?

SECOND-does anyone have success in TRULY transferring information
electronically to other providers/ hospitals? Have you been able to get
others to sign on to P2P? Or is there another way?  We can fax through
the EMR but that doesn't truly count for electronic Exchange of
information, correct?

Thanks for any input,

Katy White

Kathryn White, MD

Chief Medical Officer

Los Angeles Christian Health Centers

email: kwhite@xxxxxxxxx

Admin office/ Joshua House site:  311 Winston St, Los Angeles, CA 90013

(213)225-2669; fax (213)229-9061

Physican, Pico Aliso site:  1625 E 4th Street,  Los Angeles, CA  90033

Tel (323)268-8391; Fax (858)633-4702

"God has shown you, O people, What is good and what the Lord requires of
you:

But to do justice, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."
(Micah 6:8)