[cc-lists] Re: List membership updated; archive location

  • From: "Gene Warfel" <GWarfel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cc-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:52:32 -0400

These lists need to be hosted externally on systems that require minimal
expertise to manage.  The major problem with the current system is that
maintaining it requires a lot of technical expertise and time.  That is
not a viable solution for PTG communications because you can't count on
finding another Richard Wells.

For two days, there were several school district people spending a lot of
time on the blacklist problem from the PTG listserver.  While we seem to
have fixed it temporarily, this is at best a time limited solution.

There are cheap, even free solutions, so this is not a money issue in my
opinion.  It is a time a management issue.

I think the school communications should not use any PTG list, but rather
be accessible on a web site or a number of web sites, with regular email
reminders to check for new information.

The PTG list should be only for PTG communications.

Gene

Gene Warfel
Director of Information Technology
Concord and Concord-Carlisle Schools