[cathbraillemusic] Re: [cathbraillemusic]

  • From: Christina Robertson <robertsonpianostudio@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cathbraillemusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:11:33 -0700

Teresa,You sound busy, in many good ways!  In answer to your questions:I have
indeed transcribed hymns in basic keyboard format, on an as-need basis for
individuals on the MENVI list.  Each file differs in quantity depending on
whether or not the client wants all the words, just the piano score, or
whatnot.  None are 'official' but I'd be happy to send you one or two .brf
files if you're intrigued.I do love piano arrangements of Mark Hayes and
others, and hope to transcribe piano pieces of this type (or any others!) if
there is ever a need/desire.Regarding chant: the MENVI list has, in the past,
discussed braille chant notation quite a bit.  I should harken back to that
correspondence and peek once again at the list of music that has already been
done.  I could easily see tackling the basic psalm chants that are sung every
Sunday.Mostly, I am curious as to what needs to be done in the Catholic braille
music community, and will be very interested to see what other list members
have, want, and need.Thank you for introducing yourself, Teresa.Blessings to
you and your family,Christina in Arizona
From: dthaifley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: cathbraillemusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cathbraillemusic] Re: [cathbraillemusic]
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:14:47 -0600

Christina, how wonderful to have a music braillist
on our list!  Have you transcribed much sacred music?  Any files you’d
like to share?

I am also a classical pianist or rather, used
to be.  Raising a family didn’t allow me the time to devote to it so
I found an outlet for my music in the Church.  I am an organist and am directing
an adult choir and a girl’s choir.  I also teach private piano and organ
and have recently found myself trying to teach a man to sing on pitch.  That’s
been a challenge but he’s making progress!  I’ve had a few braille
music students in recent years, too.

I have been very interested in braille chant
notation and find that it hasn’t been codified and there isn’t very
much out there.  Have you ever tackled chant?

Teresa