[cathbraillemusic] Re: [cathbraillemusic]

  • From: "Teresa Haifley" <dthaifley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cathbraillemusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:14:47 -0600

Christina, how wonderful to have a music braillist on our list!  Have you
transcribed much sacred music?  Any files you'd like to share?

I am also a classical pianist or rather, used to be.  Raising a family
didn't allow me the time to devote to it so I found an outlet for my music
in the Church.  I am an organist and am directing an adult choir and a
girl's choir.  I also teach private piano and organ and have recently found
myself trying to teach a man to sing on pitch.  That's been a challenge but
he's making progress!  I've had a few braille music students in recent
years, too.

I have been very interested in braille chant notation and find that it
hasn't been codified and there isn't very much out there.  Have you ever
tackled chant?

Teresa

  _____