[cathbraillemusic] Simple Choral Gradual

  • From: "Teresa Haifley" <dthaifley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cathbraillemusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:47:45 -0600

Hi Folks,
The first installment of the Simple Choral Gradual by Richard Rice has been
added to the Dropbox.  The volume contains Ash Wednesday through the 5th
Sunday of Lent.  Holy Week will be coming soon.  Print versions can be found
at http://www.ricescores.com/EnglishTexts.html
And
http://musicasacra.com/communio/

The Simple Choral Gradual contains all the English liturgical texts or
Propers for the entire year.  For anyone who isn't sure what the Propers
are, they are the texts assigned by the Church for each Sunday Mass in the
3-year cycle.  These texts are antiphons and psalms assigned for the
Entrance, Offertory and Communion as from the Roman Missal, Roman Gradual
and Offertoriale Triplex.  These are for unison or mixed choir with or
without accompaniment.  I have been using it for over a year with my choirs
and have found it to be a good way to introduce the Propers to the
congregation.

Teresa