[cas_announce] Light Pollution Project Resent

  • From: "J. Bradley Reck" <bradreck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cas_announce <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:39:38 -0500

Oops, I mistakenly did some time traveling and posted this message to 06'.
And this message will appear at the bottom of your message list. To correct the problem I have reposted this message.

Anyway, here's a chance to help out on a Light pollution Project.
I tried to put one together years ago with underwhelming results.

A article can be found in this months Sky & Telescope on pg. 42.
The Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment program, managed by the NOAO and managed by the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research and Colorado State University can be found at:
www.globe.gov./GaN

Examples of the Stellar Maginatude charts are here:
www.globe.gov/GaN/observe_magnitude.html

The English version of the observation packet is here:
www.globe.gov/GaN/GaN2007ActivityPacket_Family.pdf

The period of observations is March 8th to the 21st, you will be gaging the magnitude of stars in the constellation Orion.

I encourage anyone willing to participate to do so.

I call dibs on observing from the CAS HQ.

Brad Reck.