[cas_announce] CAS Centennial Event this Saturday

  • From: Craig Niemi <craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Announce CAS_ <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 04:32:58 -0800 (PST)

CAS's kick-off public Centennial event is fast approaching.
Jon Jennings will present "The Story of the Stolen Lens".

As with all our public events volunteers are needed to welcome visitors, answer
general questions about CAS and astronomy and operate the telescopes. If you're
available please drop me a note.

If you're not familiar with CAS's history check out the excerpt of John
Ventre's and Edward Goodman's "A Brief History of the Cincinnati Astronomical
Society" at http://www.cinastro.org/History.htm.

The forecast so far is for a decent weekend so hopefully we'll get some viewing
in.

Volunteers should arrive by 5:30 so were ready to go at 6. I don't have a key
to the AV equipment closet so we'll need a keyholder there.

Attached is the media release that has been sent to the local papers, TV and
radio stations for your reference. There will be another sent to TV and radio
on Friday.

As always all events are free and open to all CAS members.
Let's hope for a great turnout and viewing.

See you Saturday,
Craig
craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx