[cas_announce] Astronomers / Telescopes needed for CAS stargaze June 21

  • From: Craig niemi <craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAS_Announce <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:40:47 -0400

Dan has had a family issue come up and he cannot lead the program for Hamilton
County Parks on the 21st.

If you can step up and lead the program please let Dan and I know. It could be
a large group so extra scopes would we great to have too.

Any questions about the program should go directly to Dan.
danshallenberger@xxxxxx

We also have other possible dates in 2013 for programs in the Parks. Watch the
Messenger for more information.

Thanks much,
Craig

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Dan Shallenberger <danshallenberger@xxxxxx>
>

>>> Hi Craig,
>>>
>>> I'm not quite sure who to contact, but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. A while
>>> back, a call went out for volunteers to lead a public stargaze on June 21st
>>> at Lake Isabella. I emailed Jerry and agreed to it. I have now found out,
>>> though, that I cannot follow through with this. A family situation has come
>>> up that will have me out of town for that weekend and I have to be there
>>> for my family.
>>>
>>> I wondered if you knew of any one else who might be able to take over this,
>>> or could put out an announcement asking if anyone is interested and
>>> available. I'm not quite sure who else to contact. Here's an email from
>>> Jenn Wallace, who I've been in contact with regarding the details:

>>> Dan,
>>>
>>> I recently attended a meeting discussing further details of the backyard
>>> campout happening on June 21.  Here are some of the details below:
>>>
>>> ·         It will be the longest day of the year, so it will be light out
>>> until almost 10p.m.
>>> ·         Registration starts at 3 p.m.
>>> ·         Programming begins at 6 p.m.
>>> ·         There are currently 51 camp sites which is about 250 people
>>> signed up so far and we would like to have around 100 sites with about 500
>>> people.
>>> ·         They were thinking of having a roped off section near the
>>> playground area that is open for you guys to set up.
>>> ·         What time will you be arriving?  Please note that you will need
>>> to wrap up around 11:30 p.m. and be leaving the park by midnight.
>>> ·         Who will be coming to the event and do you have a park MVP 2013
>>> sticker for your vehicle?
>>> ·         Please carpool as parking and space is going to be very limited!
>>> ·         Arrive early as traffic may be an issue when folks first arrive.
>>>
>>> If you have any further questions or need any help please feel free to
>>> contact me.  Have a wonderful day!
>>>
>>> Take Care,
>>>
>>> Jenn Wallace
>>> Naturalist