[carceri-dev] Re: Status Report (25 Aug 2005)

  • From: Timothy Pruett <drakalor.tourist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carceri-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:12:59 -0400

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:

No, carceri is not dead, nor suspended ;-)

Sweet.  Glad to hear you're still alive, Kornel.  ;-)

I had almost forgotten all about carceri, until these last couple of posts. Now I'm all excited about it. :-)

STATUS REPORT (25 August 2005)
===============================

Carceri now has most of the features a typical roguelike has (and for sure most features that RGRD wannabe roguelikes have ;-) ). Features include:

-- all data in clean and readable text files

I know you mentioned using Lua for some things. Are you using it for the data as well? By the way, how is Lua working with Pascal?

-- customizable user interface
-- multiple module handling
-- save/load
-- items, npcs, levels, tiles
-- item handling :
  inventory
  equipment
  pick up, drop, wear, unwear
  item stacks (eg. 22 arrows)
  all features for both npc and player
-- level sizes up to circa 65k*65k squares

Wow. I think a 65k*65k map is, well, a bit of overkill.

-- primitive AI (kill player, kill player... ;-) )
-- basic combat system
-- basic stats system and healing system
-- simple level generator
-- customizable skill system
-- customizable equipment slots system
-- ability to hook LUA scripts

How're you handling the scripting system? Are you using a trigger/action type of system, or what?

-- basics of a LUA api for writing custom scripts
-- gore (lot's of it, will be needed for the
   default Prelude to GenRogue module).

Muahahahaha!  Perfect.  ;-)

Carceri's status may be monitored real-time -- all additionsare logged, as they are implemented, to the (as yet placeholder and severyly unfinished) Carceri webpage at:

http://chaos.magma-net.pl/carceri/

Sweet. Any rough estimate as to when the beta will be released?