[carceri-dev] Re: Outventory and stuff...

  • From: Kornel Kisielewicz <charon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carceri-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:34:26 +0200

Santiago Zapata wrote:
> Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
>>I do, I have a similar approach in GenRogue but I wonder wether you
>>don't underestimate the amount of work you will have to do to balance
>>that properly... Contrary to popular belief this is a *lot* harder way
>>to do things.
>
> Yeah... I dont underestimate it, I actually know that one is the reason
> why my project is semi-stopped, however its one of these decitions that
> were taken too early in the project and thus must not be changed ;)

"GenRogue will feature a random plotline, and a believable world! That
must not be changed!" -- yeah, I know what you mean ;-).

> For now I am pushing this apart and will concentrate on the 'random
> background' functionality :)

Oh, see ;-).

>>Sometimes I regret that rl-developers don't form a stronger community to
>>learn about each other not only from the "proffesional" side...
>
> Yeah... may be its because most people is looking only for fonts of
> knowledge... remember when you were killfiled just for posting something
> community oriented?

Yup. I won't make that mistake again ;-/

> I think however that there must be a place to start a real community, as
> I believe rl developers are interesting people in that they look at the
> world in a unique way... it's more than just developing a game

That's what I mean. I think many people from rgrd would agree, but
they're not the "loudest" ones...

>>P.S.2. Anyone knows how Kornel Kisielewicz looks like? :-D
>
> Name: Kornel

Bingo ;-) (this one was too easy ;-))

> Race: Male Human

Yes... Hmm, human? Or maybe not ;-).

> Class: Genroguelike developer

:-D

> Eye color: Dark brown

Miss - blue.

> Hair color: brown

Hmm. I don't know, but I guess it's somehere between brown and dark blonde.

> Complexion: pale

Compared to you guys we Poles are all pale ;-)

> Height: 182cm

You got that right - 183 :-)

> Weight: 72 Kg

Ugh. I need to start eating.

> Age: 30 (grown-up)

This one's your greatest miss - 21 ;-). Out of curiosity - on what basis
did you make that assumption?
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]