[carceri-dev] Re: Outventory and stuff...

  • From: Santiago Zapata <java.koder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carceri-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:36:33 -0500

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:

>BTW, Why do you reply to the posts by making a new message? Threads
>aren't made then in Thinderbird...
>
>Elwin wrote:
>

>>\Although I think I wont go into bodyparts\
>>
>>Bodyparts differ from slots in a sense, that they have HP, can be
>>damaged\removed\healed?
>>

>Yes. Hajo went into bodyparts and had a lot problems there.

Everybody who goes into bodyParts has problems if he intends to make
them complex structures ;)

But using a simplified model can be handled

>>\What is the use for that?\

SNIP YUPS

>>\I like the idea of "use anything as a weapon".\
>>
>>Hm, hm... That reminds me of weapon skills (is there going to be "Improvised
>>weaponry"
>>

> > kill?..), which reminds of skills in general, and then I suppose time
> > will come for skills and I shouldn't overrush things :).
>
>The system will loosely follow GURPS, but it will be more powerinflated.
>  Skills will be plenty, and most objects will fall into a category of
>"clubs" and similar. But yes, there will be Improvised Weapons skill for
>thigs like amulets, potions, chairs, chests, beer mugs etc ;).

So, will each item have a 'slash damage', 'thrust damage', 'bash
damage', etc, or will you calculate the damage of each attack based in
the item primary propoerties?

--
Slash