[Civil Air Patrol] Re: Welcome

  • From: "Daniel O'Mara" <daniel_o_mara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 20:30:38 -0600

hello

From: "Scott Voichoskie" <ctyadm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Civil Air Patrol] Welcome
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:45:15 -0600

Hey everybody,

Some of you do not know me but I have been tasked with being the POC for a
mission that John Heida is trying to implement regarding C-182
familiarization.  More on that later.

In that effort there was a "clunky" way of communication whereby people
would just send out broadcast e-mails hoping they would catch everyone
involved.  I hopefully have fixed that problem.  I have set up a LISTSERV
for the Omaha Composite of the Nebraska Wing of Civil Air Patrol.  A
LISTSERV is an automated system that allows people to send e-mail to one
address, whereupon their message is copied and sent to all of the other
subscribers to the mailing list. In this way, people who have many different
kinds of e-mail access can participate in discussions together.

The message you are reading now came across in your subject line as [Civil
Air Patrol] Welcome.  Here is the process I did to get this message to all
of you.  I used my e-mail client, in my instance that is Microsoft Outlook.
I just clicked on "New" message and typed 'cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx' (please remove
the apostrophe's when typing it in the box) in the "To" box.  For the
subject line I simply typed in 'Welcome'.  The LISTSERV added on the [Civil
Air Patrol] tag in the subject line.  Using that one e-mail address I could
broadcast to all of you.  In that same manner you can simply press reply to
reply to all the members in the LISTSERV.  When you need to start a
discussion with a different subject please just open a new message and type
the subject you want and just send it to 'cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'.  I would
encourage you to set up a folder titled CAP or something like that in your
e-mail and group those messages by subject that way you can keep them
organized and it will seem less confusing.

Attachments will be allowed for now unless I see it being a problem. Please keep this CAP task oriented and please do not forward jokes and that type of
thing.  Also messages should not be over 2 MB or so in size.  I manually
have to enter the e-mail addresses of those that are subscribed so please
let me know if there is someone not getting these messages that should be.
Also please let me know if you want removed from this list.

I will get some messages out in a bit concerning Mr. Heida's training
session but I don't want to send out convoluted messages. Let's try to keep things in a single subject and please put something in the subject line that
is significant to the message.

Please reply back to say hello!!

PS-- for those of you that have questions regarding the LISTSERV and do not
want to ask the whole group (remember any message you send goes to the whole
list) you can e-mail me.  My e-mail address is: ctyadm@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Scott M. Voichoskie
City Administrator
City of Ashland