[Civil Air Patrol] Re: UTM Funding

  • From: Dan <DanHollins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:52:44 -0600

Tim,
Thanks for the kind words. Actually, if I'm a good commander it's due to being surrounding by good people, and that's certainly true of OCS. As to other squadron approaches, I spoke with John Rooney about what he's seen other squadrons do, and he said historically they have done both, though most just split it evenly for ease of accounting. Unfortunately no details were passed about how the time was split, but he did share that it was quite complex. I'll revisit the issue with him and try to get more details. I agree about more input - any takers....? If not on the listserve, we can talk more at the squadron meetings - we've got some time before the UTMs will happen.

Dan

Tim Griffith wrote:
Dan,
Interesting points in relation to scenarios with crew members of
differing qualifications!! I had not thought about that...(see that is
why you are the Commander).   : )
Are there any other units that are doing this sort of thing??
I do think that we need some one that is adept in the field of
accounting.

We need some more input, unless everyone wants to stick with the equal
splitting!!

Tim