[Civil Air Patrol] Re: Flight Release Officers

  • From: John Pineda <jhpineda@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 23:10:39 -0600

We currently have five individuals as Flight Release Officers in the Omaha Composite Squadron.

With Tom Dorwart not being available for now, we will have to find a replacement. I don't believe we have a requirement to have more than five per squadron.

Here is the current list:

John Pineda

On Nov 9, 2006, at 4:57 PM, Robert Todd wrote:

Scott:
Please note that the Squadron Commander should review the FROs being requested and they must be on Wing orders to be FROs. After Dan selects the appropriate number for the squadron, a Wing order will be issued. Thanks for getting this going.

Bob Todd, Col.,CAP
Nebraska Wing Commander

On Nov 9, 2006, at 4:16 PM, Scott Voichoskie wrote:

Given we'll have more pilots, we'll need more flight release officers. If anyone is interested the FRO course can be taken online in the same place
form5 tests are found:
https://tests.cap.af.mil/ops/tests/default.cfm?grp=dov  This is found
manually through eservices - online exams - stan/eval exams. form5 = 24 questions FRO = 16 questions Both test on knowledge of capr 60-1. Please let us know if you are willing to be tasked with this. Thank you!

Scott M. Voichoskie
City Administrator
City of Ashland
2304 Silver Street