[Civil Air Patrol] Re: C-182 Training via Mr. Heida

  • From: Dan <DanHollins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 19:01:53 -0600

1  Thanks Scott for taking the time to set up the listserve - great job.
    Thanks John for doing the clinic - great idea.

2  Thanks to Bob Todd and Butch Rohren for agreeing to fly as additional check pilots.
       John's schedule is limited as shown, but with Bob and Butch added to the mix
       we'll have quite a bit more flexibility.

3  How about meeting at the squadron instead?
       That way most, if not all, are already familiar with the location.

4  Where:  OCS squadron 8901 S 154th  (2 blocks South of 154 & Giles in Chalco Hills Rec Area)
    When: Friday, November 17, 1800  (approx 2 hrs in duration)
    Why:  Ground clinic - "How to" of CAP paperwork &processes

5  Flights to be scheduled at the ground clinic - Would someone be willing to tackle that part of the scheduling?
    Namely coordinating with check pilots (except John who would take care of his flights at the clinic).  Pilots to be
    responsible for reserving the A/C through Millard FBO(process covered at clinic).

6  Remember to give Scott your intention to attend, total time, and high performance/complex time.
    (Please consider attending even if you don't plan to schedule any flights - the background with paperwork is half the battle)

7  Have fun.  This is a great plane and we've got some cool training on the drawing boards.

Cheers,
Dan

Scott Voichoskie wrote:
ALCON (All Concerned),

Mr. Heida is putting on a C-182 familiarization and check-out clinic for the
Omaha composite and maybe others if he is willing.

This is his message:  "We could get together on a Fri eve and do a little
ground school for all interested parties.  Then, the following day,
Saturday, I could take pilots up in groups of two and thus stagger the
arrival times for the pilots and not take a big gap out of their day.  We
could repeat on the following Sunday.  To start though, I'd like for all
interested parties to send me an e-mail with contact info so I can find out
a little background and an idea of availability."

Everyone would be welcome to show up for the ground school.  I figure about
1.5 to 2 hrs talking about C182 performance and systems and completing the
A/C questionnaire.  For the flying, we'll try to get candidates the hours
they will need to qualify for the C182 Form 5 test.

Mr. Heida is thinking a ground school on Friday evening November 17th.  He
would like to start at 6 p.m., we should be done by 8 p.m.  The location is
his company, SmartService Systems, 5930 South 118th Circle, Suite 3, Omaha
68137.  It's close to Millard airport.

On Friday eve, we'll see how many folks are going to be flying the next day
and/or Sunday and how many hours they need.  We'll try to schedule as many
sorties as necessary to get them qualified on the C182.

So, ground school on Friday evening November 17th and flying on the 18th and
19th.

As an alternative, we can also look at the following week-end, immediately
following Thanksgiving.  But after that, he is booked for the rest of the
year.

Please respond and let me know if you will be in attendance and let me know
your total time and whether you have complex or high performance time.
Other comments?

Scott M. Voichoskie
City Administrator
City of Ashland