[cambsmc] Re: Fwd: Proposed monthly club fly out!

  • From: "Richard Evans" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("richard.j.evans")
  • To: cambsmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 23:38:50 +0000

Thanks MarkI would be interested in this proposal
Regards, Richard

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Jan 2022, at 23:30, Mark Allan <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone cos I'm out n about
Begin forwarded message:

From: Mark Allan <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 January 2022 at 10:14:57 GMT
To: Cambridge Micro Club <cambsmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Proposed monthly club fly out!

Hi all members of CMC, recently I’ve heard a lot of students saying to each other that if you’re going to……… again let me know and I’ll come as well! So quite a few are keen to stretch their wings. I’m isolating at home due to Covid, tested positive on Sunday, so I’ve got idle thumbs! Let me tell you what a group of us up here used to do for years, we never really planned anything but every wee Sunday morning the text drums would start ‘what we doing’ we’d all congregate on the Isle of Bute then head off from there maybe up to Oban or Plockton or Gigha or out to a beach in the outer Hebrides with the BBQ (that was usually planned in advance) usually there was lunch involved, then back home for tea and medals in the evening! A couple of weeks ago while I’ve been home we did exactly that, a group of us flew out to Bute, everyone brought something, bbq, food, cakes, flasks of tea & coffee, it brought back all the good times memories!
I’m not suggesting anything to that level but it would be good to get a we bit activity and go see new places. What I’d suggest is put a WhatsApp group together for easy of communication (I personally get WhatsApp instantly and have to go looking for emails and I can sometimes be a bit late in seeing them)And say for example that on the last Sunday of the month we’re going to fly out (if the weathers not good we could postpone it to the following Sunday) as a group we could formulate a list of airfields that we’d like to visit and tick them off as we do them, obvious ones are Cromer, I keep saying I need to go to Beccles, Monweden is lovely, to mention a few!!  So what’s your thoughts! It’s just a suggestion and open to input! Mark.
Sent from my iPhone cos I'm out n about

JPEG image