[cambsmc] Dodgy emails

  • From: "B T" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "pbmr" for DMARC)
  • To: cambsmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 16:22:22 +0100 (BST)

Hi Flyers
Apologies to everyone who has had a rogue email. The problem should be sorted. If you have received one try this - go to mail from from settings in your you email address ( with BT it is in the top right hand corner) scroll down to auto forward to make sure there is not an unknown email address in the box ,if there is delete it then make sure there is not a tick in the box then click save. Changing your password if you have a problem is also a good idea. The above works for BT and I expect is similar with other providers
The trick employed is that by activating auto forward and putting in their address they have basically taken over.
Hope thats reasonably clear
Just goes to show you have to be certain the email you open is genuine I made the mistake of sending an email rather than a text or phone call to a known address asking if an email I received from them was really sent by them
We live and learn
Pete. R