[cambsmc] Re: Airfield Info / Update

  • From: "CHRISTOPHER TRAHER" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "c.traher" for DMARC)
  • To: cambsmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 13:35:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Peter
Many thanks, for the update.

Interpreting the rules is a bit of a pain. I found this on the CAA website:

'Restrictions on GA activities
Private pilots can only take part in sport or leisure activities where they take place in the open air – this can be alone, with their household, support bubble <https://www.gov.uk/guidance/making-a-support-bubble-with-another-household> , or, when alone, with one person from another household. This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your Tier 4 area to do so if necessary, for example, to access an open space. Social distancing measures should be in place and observed at all times.
GA flying for the purposes of work, where it is not reasonably possible to work or provide those services at home, is permitted. Social distancing measures should be in place and observed at all times.
Flight training for private pilots (i.e. training for leisure purposes) is not permitted as this is not considered a reasonable excuse for leaving home.
Flying training organisations providing training for professional pilots may continue to do so, and students undertaking such activity may continue to attend for these purposes. Social distancing measures should be in place and observed at all times.
Engine health, maintenance check flights, and flights to maintain currency should only be conducted where there is an urgent requirement to do so, and alternative options are not available.
Any flights, where conducted, must be kept to the minimum duration possible and should land at the same airfield from which they departed, apart from where this is outside of the reasonable control of the pilot.'
Website link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-general-aviation/coronavirus-covid-19-general-aviation
Not sure what they mean by 'Alternative options' you either fly or don't fly :-)
Cheers
Chris