<CT> running wfwg under win98/xp

  • From: "Tim Klassen" <tklassen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:28:03 -0700

Some time ago I mentioned that I would like to get wfwg, with Calmira, up
and running again.  At that time it was suggested that I use Bochs, so I
downloaded it and fiddled around a bit but didn't get it working (seems to
be very complex/cumbersome to configure -- at least for me).

Currently I have a multiboot system with WFWG on a given partition, but my
hardware is so new that none of the drivers will work.  For example, both my
keyboard and mouse run out of my USB port.

Has anyone discovered an easy way to get WFWG running on a new machine?  I'd
really appreciate the help.  (And as I mentioned a few months ago, I think
it would really help Calmira if a program/link to accomplish this was
created with Calmira)

BTW, I used Calmira for many years and still think that it's one of the best
freeware programs written for win3.1/wfwg.

  - Tim