<CT> Windows in a flash usb disk

  • From: "Ricardo Rita" <ricardo_rita@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 02:16:34 +0100

Does anybody knows how to create a system usb flash disk?

My brother gave me one as a gift, and i've been trying to run win311 from
it, so I could have an easy way to work with win3x on my w98 computer. But
the software that came with it only allows to make it bootable (my bios
recognizes the device) with windows 98. I tried the sys command, but it
doesn't boot. I searched for utilities, but found nothing. I know win311
doesn't have usb support, but I think that's not the problem, because
windows recognizes the disk like a zip disk or a normal hd, I think. I
installed windows 3.11 portuguese version in it (the device has 32mb) after
I made it a win98 system disk, but windows won't start because it says it
needs another dos version. I tried setver with all windows system
executables, but no luck...

Anyone?