<CT> Windows for Workgroups on FAT32

  • From: Jason Bees <jason.bees@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 01:59:56 +0000

Hi,

I'm getting short of space on my 6 2Gb FAT16 partitions, and I was thinking
of trying to convert some of them to FAT32 using the DOS from Windows 98. I
know this has come up a few times before on the list, but I haven't heard
anything about it for a while. I know how to go about it, but I was just
wondering what people's experiences were with Win3.x and FAT32 drives. Is
Win 3.11 just as fast using FAT32 partitions (e.g. does its 32-bit file and
disk access still work properly)? Are there any problems that people have
encountered?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason