<CT> Win98 & Win3.1x - dual bootable?

  • From: Billy Wong <bhs1989@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:44:29 -0500

   I looked all over the Web and had mixed answers about whether or not
Win98 can be dual-booted like Win95a (of course @ bootup time by pressing
F4 just to get to DOS/Win3.1x).
   The reason I am asking is because this past week I just obtained an
IBM 300GL (Pentium 200MHz MMX) PC and plan to upgrade to Win98, and
(hopefully) still retain my option to go back to Win3.11 whenever I need
to.  Its no secret that Win95b (aka OSR2) can't dual-boot without
third-party software help, which is not what I want to do.
   Does anybody on the list have a more concrete answer (like you are
actually using Win98 and Win3.1 on the same PC)?

   ___Billy Wong___
   BHS1989@xxxxxxxx
   http://www.geocities.com/billythekid1602445