<CT> Uploaded: Calmira II v3.1 final release!

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, staff@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:31:33 +0100

Finally...

A few weeks ago, i decided to "finish" calmira so I could upload it. It
turned out to be weeks filled with "Oops! I forgot this... Oops, I
forgot That..."

What's new in 3.1:

+ One pane Explorer
+ Start menu color can be set
+ Show window's own icons on taskbar
+ Opens .url files
+ Windows Desktop button in Desktop Properties
+ Full network support (map & share)
+ Resizable column header in list view
+ Redesigned several Properties dialogs
+ Log on as another user
+ Explorer.exe has /E switch
+ Taskmanager restarts Calmira
+ Calmira looks in registry for icons instead of win.ini
+ 'Open With' lists registered programs
+ ALT-F4 now works Calmira-wide
+ Improved ShellExecute error reporting
+ New PieChart component
+ New Registry object

What's new in final release:

+ All new Splash and About dialogs :)
+ FINALLY updated and revamped the help file
+ New default icon assignment method for start menu items
+ Instant icon preview when editing menu items and shortcuts
+ IE4 flat style buttons option for Explorer toolbar
+ Arrange shortcuts
+ Minimize all windows

...and I probably more stuff I forgot...

Download Calmira II v3.1 at ftp://ftp.calmira.org/pub/erwin/calmii31.zip

...and READ the README.TXT and the HELPFILE! Especially the section on
upgrading. Comments are always welcome! Tomorrow, I'll upload the source
code as well (after tidying it up).

Enjoy!

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx