<CT> The End of and Era!

  • From: "Barry J. Higginbottom" <barryh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Calmira Community" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 18:30:30 -0000

Well I'm afraid it had to happen!

This afternoon I have upgraded my office machine from Calmira to Windows
'98SE. It was, I have to say, a relatively painless procedure, and if I had
remembered to uninstall Hurricane first would have only taken me two hours
instead of three!

I am afraid that the demands of my business and new software requirements
meant that it was unavoidable. So that now leaves me with just one machine
on the network, an ageing 486.

I'll still monitor the mailing list for a while but my interest will be part
time now, I'm afraid.

Thanks very much to everyone who has participated in this list to make it
one of the friendliest places in Cyberspace!

And, of course, a great big thank you to Erwin who has done so much to keep
Calmira at the forefront of 16 bit Windows.

Bye everyone.

Barry Higginbottom
YORK, England