<CT> Technical E-Mail question about Mime-Type-Multipart

  • To: calmira_tips <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:08:50 +0200

Hello,

I am programming a new E-Mail-Client (MTA/MUA) which use the maildir-style.
Now, if I split existing Netscape-Mailboxes then I have no problems because
Netscape store all E-Mail-Parts in the Mailbox.

I can split it in seperately E-mails ant thats all...

Now THE PROBLEM:        I use Eudora !!!

Eudora has the same Mailboxes but withot the Attachments, which are stored
in a seperately folder. OK, I have splitted my my Mailbox into singel
E-Mails and with a small VBA-Script I have convertet all Attachments in uue.

Now I have:

        00000001.txt    the E-Mail
        00000001.01h    html Part of the E-Mail
        00000001.02u    uue encoded part 1
        00000001.03u    uue encoded part 2

        00000002.txt    the E-Mail
        00000002.01u    uue encoded part 1

But HOW can I make it back to the mime-type-multipat becase the E-mail must
be:

        From: ....
        To: ...
        Date: ....
        Subject: ...
        Mime-Type-Multipart....1
        Mime-Type-Multipart....2
        Mime-Type-Multipart....3

Any sugestions ???

Because they are only plain-text parts, I can use Winword 6.0 and a makro to
make the New files. ;-))

many Thanks in Advance
Michelle